December 22, 2009

December 20, 2009

IMG_0035

We took the girls to ICE at Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee, Florida. We were prepared for a cold experience and brought our hats and gloves and scarves to keep us warm. They provide you with parkas and you enter into a tent where they have ice sculptures, and they keep the area at a cold 9 degrees! Poor Riley was so cold, she could not stop shivering. We were in there for about 20 minutes, long enough to get really cold. It was really neat to see though. They even had a slide carved out of the ice, and both girls went down. Riley was reluctant, but as we walked off, she said she wanted to do it, and she had a blast sliding. Other than the slide, Riley did not have a good time. I think she was frozen in a trance the entire 20 minutes. Reagan enjoyed it, just said it was way to cold. We tried to explain to her that some people live in weather like that, but I don’t think she believes us.

IMG_0006 IMG_0013 IMG_0017 IMG_0019 IMG_0022 IMG_0025

IMG_0028 IMG_0027 IMG_0036

IMG_0043 IMG_0045 IMG_0046 IMG_0057 IMG_0056 IMG_0059 IMG_0058 IMG_0054

After ICE, we took the girls on a surprise visit to the most magical place on earth … DISNEY WORLD! We only stayed about six hours, just long enough to ride a handful of rides and see the Osborne Light Spectacular at Universal Studios. It was really cool. They had every inch of the buildings covered in lights, which were synchronized to music. They even made it snow, and luckily it was cold enough that the snow at least made it to the people before melting. They girls thought it was so neat. Riley had fun at her first Disney experience. Her favorite ride was by far was It’s A Small World. She is overly obsessed with babies, and kept saying, “Look at the babies! They are talking!”

IMG_0060 IMG_0073 IMG_0076 IMG_0084 IMG_0120 IMG_0133 IMG_0136 IMG_0139 IMG_0141

And of course, what is a Posti trip to Disney without a ride on the Tea Cups. For those of you who know me, know that I do not like this ride. I get motion sickness just riding in a car, and this ride kills me. But I was a trooper, once again for the family, and rode along to take a video of Riley’s first Tea Cup ride. I was a little worried about her, I think she may have started to pass out! She got off and said she wanted to do it again … I nixed that idea though. Watch the video, it is so funny to watch Riley's face. She seems happy, then looks passed out, then happy again. When the ride abruptly stops, her face is priceless, and you can sort of see her eyes still spinning!

No comments: