My poor Irbe, tore a ligament in his knee that required surgery, just over 8 years after having major surgery on the same leg. He is out of surgery and doing as well as he can. Scott built a "cage" in the corner of our playroom, where Irbe will spend the next 8 weeks recovering. Recovery includes 4 weeks of strict confinement with walking only to use the bathroom. Then, the other 4 weeks, he can start going on small walks, about a half block or so to strengthen his leg, but still needs to be confined. Then we revisit the vet for a checkup. We are hoping that these next 8 weeks go smooth for us all.
(Ok, so since I have a new computer that does not allow me to use my blog editor, this is going to look very amateur until I figure out how to make the blog work for me!)
So, here is Irbe, pre surgery. He was in so much pain, he would not even look at you. This is where he is going to live for the next two months. At least he has some sunshine and a view!
Surgery day +1
1 comment:
I'm so sad to see Irbe like that :( that is so sad in that little cast. Crazy, I hope he gets better fast.
Post a Comment