Summer has started, so has our days spent outside, enjoying this wonderful place we live. Going to the beach is such an easy and fun getaway. It is 2 miles from my house and the girls have so much fun.
This year, they have both become more comfortable in the water (which makes Mom a bit nervous) and we have bought them Boogie Boards. Regardless to the lack of waves we have here, the girls enjoy riding the waves and having so much fun!
One of our "big" wave days! This is about the biggest I have seen it yet (pretty sad, I know ... but it is very nice with younger kids as it keeps me from being a complete nervous wreck)!
Riley enjoying her first day on the Boogie Board.
Riding in on a wave ... way to go Riley!
Reagan met a friend who had inner-tubes ... they had so much fun that lasted for hours!
Relaxing in the inner-tube!
Maybe I can ride this like a real surf board?
But unfortunately, we do have sting rays!
At least they are clearly visible (most of the time) and you can see them coming down the beach. It is crazy to watch the people flock towards the pod of sting rays. People will go out into the water and try to walk through the pod so they can get a closer look ... I think they are CRAZY people!
After going to the beach, we come home to clean off the beach toys and stuff with the water hose. It tends to ALWAYS turn into our own fun in our backyard. The girls love it when I allow them to make a huge mud mess in the yard!
Reagan making the "water slide" more fast by dumping a bucket of water over herself as she slides down.
Riley would FLY down the slide and about 90% of the time, land face down in the mud! (that was a hard picture to capture though).
MUD! WHAT FUN!
We also have great neighbors who allow us to use their swimming pools, so when we are bored, swimming is always a fun treat!
Cannon Ball!
Watch me! I can jump too!





No comments:
Post a Comment