January 15, 2009

Big Day ...

Happy 5th Birthday Reagan!


It is so hard to believe that I have a FIVE YEAR OLD! It is so sad. We had such a great day today, except for the fact that Daddy was out of town and missed it all.


Her birthday celebration started last week, while Daddy was still in town. We had a special day for her lined up ... we took her shopping (alone, without Riley) and bought her a special birthday dress that she could wear the day of her birthday (the one in the first picture). Then we took her to a lunch where we ate yummy food and enjoyed just talking to her.

So then today, her actual birthday, our day started off with the girls both sleeping until 7:30 (yeah me). We got dressed up in our birthday clothes and headed out the door at 8:00. Off to Krispy Kream for a dozen of glazed doughnuts (by the way, you get them for free on your birthday). The girls enjoyed their doughnuts very much ... it is not very often the get that much sugar in the morning.


They spelled her name wrong!
Yummy!

Then we headed off to school. Reagan was so excited to tell her teacher it was her birthday but she had a hard time sitting through school, knowing her birthday party was just right afterwards. So, school got out and all her friends (yes, all of them which totaled to 26 children) headed over to Chick-fil-A for the party.

It sure is difficult to get a picture of 26 children ... but here they are enjoying their lunch.

Reagan was just so happy to have ALL her friends together.

They even got to visit with the Chick-fil-A cow ... he was really cool!

I got her cake at Walmart, and it was a total nightmare. I ordered this Butterfly Cupcake Cake two weeks ago. I called this past Monday to confirm and add just a few more cupcakes and everything was set to go for Thursday. So, 9:30 this morning, I went to Walmart to pick up the cake and they did not have it. "Sorry, but we don't have an order for you for today". WHAT! I was not happy, but they luckily baked me another one that was ready for pick up at 11:00 (just 30 minutes before school was out). They did a fast and sloppy job, but at least we had a Butterfly Cupcake Cake, per Reagan's wishes. It was their choosing to use black icing ... not mine!

And of course, with the hectic morning I had getting the cake, I forgot to get candles ... so we sang Happy Birthday and pretended to blow out the candles.


After cupcakes and ice cream, the kids all played in the play area. It was a small area for that many kids, but it was so fun for them. I did manage to get most of them together and still enough to get a group picture.


Their favorite thing to do was make a train, count down from 10 to 1 and all slide down the twisty slide together. I managed to get some of them in the picture. They all had such a great time.

Riley was at the party, but pretty much stayed to herself. She still has a sinus infection and is just wiped out. I think the party was a little too hectic for her tired self!


Since there were so many kids and so little time ... we decided to take all the presents home to open them. We had just a few neighborhood friends come over to help open presents and play for the rest of the afternoon.



Thank you everyone for making Reagan's 5th birthday so special. She had a wonderful day and hopefully she will enjoy being 5 (probably not so much after tomorrow morning when she goes to the doctor for her 5 year old checkup and shots!).

1 comment:

Heather Bower said...

That was such a fun party. Those picture turned out way cute. I think she is such a beautiful girl in her adorable party dress. We had so much fun thanks for having us, we sure love being your friends. :)