Poor little Doodle Bug.
She just can't seem to get better.
We went to the pediatrician (again) for a follow-up due to her being put on a steroid for her cough & wheeze last week. Of course, it has gotten worse, not better. The doctor said she should have been a new kid since being on the steroid, so they decided to forgo the Albuterol syrup (which we have been taking on and off for about a year now) and start breathing treatments. She now has to take Albuterol through a nebulizer every four hours and Pulmicort twice a day. I was very nervous about her doing a breathing treatment, as she is almost two years old. Having to hold a mask to her face for 15-20 minutes has to be a nightmare ....
To my surprise, Riley is a trooper. She has done five treatments so far and sits in the chair, watches Baby Einstein and does her treatment with very little arguing. She even will hold the mask most of the time! What a girl!
I was so excited that last night was the first night she has slept through the entire night in over a month! When 7:00 rolled around this morning, Reagan came in my room and started asking questions. I opened my eyes and literally jumped up ... I could NOT believe that the sun was already up. Being woken up by 5:00am everyday for a month stinks. What a good night sleep we all got last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment